ISO 10002:2014 provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance, and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system.
ISO 10002:2014 addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:
- Enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organisation’s ability to improve its product and customer service;
- Top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- Recognising and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants;
- Providing complainants with an open, effective, and easy-to-use complaints process;
- Analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality;
- Auditing of the complaints-handling process;
- Reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.