The green Star is a environment award as a result of following the criteria of Culture and Tourism Ministry under the concept of“ Resorts being sensitive for environment” Project that was started by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism Turkish Republic.
How to receive it?
In Resorts that want to win the green star; followings have to be ready: environmental policy and action plan, all the activities that resort is doing for these plans (Electricity consumption, water consumption, gas waste, detergent consumption, studies regarding benefiting sun and wind energy, minimizing the food waste, separating and reusing the organic and non-organic waste, the activities for recycling, etc.) and a report about these.
How to gain?
- Necessary paperwork and the for the person in charge in the resort who will apply the action plan has to be prepared
- Environmental friendly water waste plan, a letter by a authority in charge
- The necessary documents about the environmental friendly social organisations, the co-operation with these organisations, and about the studies they both participated.
- Saving water
- Increasing the productivity of energy
- Decreasing the amount of waste and the consumption of environmental harmful material
- Encouraging the use of renewable of energy sources